This prayer was written one month before Ulysses passed from the physical dimension in 2011, December.
Dear Goddess, Ulysses and I are hanging out in the barn again today. We have a beautiful view of the woods, of the pasture, and of the beautiful Conestoga River.
Ulysses would rather stay in the barn than in the house all day. So he and I are in the barn, me doing my work, and him taking naps. Every now and then he asks me to let him out to do his business. Every now and then we’ll take a walk around the property and play some ball. Baxter, the great White Pyrenees who lives on top of the hill, is still with us in mind body and spirit. We go up to visit him occasionally, too.
We have a beautiful Shenandoah woodstove in the barn. It is so warm in here that I have to open the door a crack to keep the room comfortable for both Ulysses and me. Especially for Ulysses. I don’t want it to get too hot for him.
Ulysses equates the barn room with meditation. It is here that Ulysses gained the nickname, “Zen Master.”
As long as Ulysses is happy here, this is where we will be spending our winter. Ulysses’ sense of peace will help me write, edit and finish my books.
Today’s prayer prescription is dedicated to all of you who love your dog: for the love of dogs everywhere.
Om Peace Amen
Ulysses died a month later.
- About the Author: Writing The Prayer Prescription Series, Bringing Death and Ageism out of the closet requires Optimal Health, a youthful spirit, and an undying desire to serve the world. Le-Vel’s Thrive helps me to focus on all of my projects. It helps me sleep. It brings me Peace Of Mind, the greatest health of all. Contact me for Free Samples and a FREE health consultation, 717-299-9887
- Latest Posts
- Announcement: Teaching the Method - November 9, 2011
- Announcement: Kate Loving and the Collective Wisdom Radio Show - November 8, 2011
- Mid-Summer Glory- Podcast 223 - July 31, 2015
- Market Analysis For Prayer Prescriptions: 14 Spiritual Remedies For Long Lasting Health - July 30, 2015
- The Reality of Canine Ageism - July 14, 2015
- Loosen Your Hold On Life - July 7, 2015
- Ulysses, Zen Master Part 2 - July 4, 2015
- Ulysses, Zen Master - July 3, 2015
- Outgrowing What Was Never Yours - June 21, 2015
- How Are We “Doing” with Death? - May 22, 2015