PART ONE: Sleep Working Within the Patriarchal Medical System
I am walking through the long corridors of the hospital where I work. The nurses dispense medicines and chart on the medical record. Sick patients walk the hallways for exercise. Somber pictures of male doctors who have retired in the many years since the hospital’s beginnings line the elevator foyers. I do not see one picture of a woman, doctor or nurse.
These pictures represent the patriarchal system, sending a message: not of male domination, but the domination of a life force that is solemn and unyielding. This tyrannical world view is what people face going to work every day in the business, education and medical world, and in the factory. People spend over one half of their lives on the job, feeling unsupported and alienated.
As my friend Steve said the other night, while reminiscing about one of his many jobs in the world: “No one laughed in that factory, not even a smile.”
Everyone at the table nodded in recognition, with nothing to add to the statement. We were safe in our kitchen, with Mukunda the dog playing ball with any willing person. The steady light of the night stars were present from every window. The battle ground of the patriarchy would begin again Monday, at 8:00 a.m.
Read Chapter One Here! (Remember to take the survey re: how have nurses influenced your life?)
- About the Author: Writing The Prayer Prescription Series, Bringing Death and Ageism out of the closet requires Optimal Health, a youthful spirit, and an undying desire to serve the world. Le-Vel’s Thrive helps me to focus on all of my projects. It helps me sleep. It brings me Peace Of Mind, the greatest health of all. Contact me for Free Samples and a FREE health consultation, 717-299-9887
- Latest Posts
- Announcement: Teaching the Method - November 9, 2011
- Announcement: Kate Loving and the Collective Wisdom Radio Show - November 8, 2011
- Embracing A Spiritual Life-Podcast 99 - March 2, 2015
- When I’m 64-Podcast 98 - March 1, 2015
- I Can See Clearly Now-Podcast 97 - February 28, 2015
- Nursing Career Transformation Roundtable-Podcast 96 - February 27, 2015
- Boldly Bald Women-Podcast 95 - February 26, 2015
- You Are Without Doing-Podcast 94 - February 25, 2015
- Religion and Spirituality are One-Podcast 93 - February 24, 2015
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset-Podcast 92 - February 23, 2015