Think about it – our assumptions not only hold us back, they hold us up, and keep us imprisoned.
Some assumptions are necessary, and act as survival mechanisms. For instance, if somebody approaches me with an unsavory intention, and I feel a red flag kind of defense mechanism rising up, I am making an assumption about that person, and it is best that I heed it.
However, if you are projecting a person’s behavior into the future based on what that person has done in the past, you are exhibiting an unfair assumption. Unfortunately, most of us do that much of the time.
Or, if one day yields a particular result, you might assume that the same result will happen again, in the exact same way.
Here is a list of assumptions:
1) because I am sick, I will never be well
2) because I am unhappy, I will never be happy
3) or because I am happy, I will never be unhappy
4) because I am poor, I will never be rich
5) because I am rich, I will never be poor
6) because it is winter, there will never be spring
Never and always can get in the way of embracing change.
Prayer Prescriptions allow you to surrender all of the basic assumptions that keep you imprisoned.
Make up your own. Om Peace Amen
Kate says: “I love having meaningful conversations with people about their love of life and what it means in relation to prayer and eradicating the fear of death. It makes me crazy how American society sweeps death away and no one speaks about it. This is why I’ve created the “Uprooting Our Fear Of Death: Bringing IT Out Of The Closet” webinar series, as well as “The Prayer Prescription Series,” and will be doing Teleseminars on these subjects in 2014.” Kate Loving Shenk, RN BSN Join my community to learn what is next, created just for you! Sign Up HERE! and receive three audio interviews I did with death, dying and after death experts!
- About the Author: Writing The Prayer Prescription Series, Bringing Death and Ageism out of the closet requires Optimal Health, a youthful spirit, and an undying desire to serve the world. Le-Vel’s Thrive helps me to focus on all of my projects. It helps me sleep. It brings me Peace Of Mind, the greatest health of all. Contact me for Free Samples and a FREE health consultation, 717-299-9887
- Latest Posts
- Announcement: Teaching the Method - November 9, 2011
- Announcement: Kate Loving and the Collective Wisdom Radio Show - November 8, 2011
- Blogging Consciousness - October 31, 2014
- Autumn Reflections - October 30, 2014
- Morning Pages and the Creative Process - October 28, 2014
- Grand Central Vortex - October 27, 2014
- 22,000 Conscious Breaths - October 26, 2014
- Infomercial Rewire - October 25, 2014
- Balls In The Air-A Juggling Feat - October 23, 2014
- Who Is Your Mirror? - October 22, 2014