1) Fearing Death
2) Denying Death
3) Defying Death
4) Grieving Death
5) Accepting Death
6) Liberation In The Face Of Death
These six ways of approaching death are in the Joan Halifax book called Being With Dying. I have learned so much from this book and use in my podcast from time to time.
Why are these important?
Because they act as sign posts to where we or those we know and love fall in the continuum between fear and mystical perception regarding the reality of death.
Today I had breakfast with fellow colleagues from a former job. One said, “No one knows who you are,” because there’s been such a turnover.
And I said, “That must be what happens when we die. After awhile, no one knows who you are.”
It reminds me of the old family albums of my mother’s. I don’t know anyone in those pictures.
Or visiting a cemetery. Tom knew almost everyone in the old Catholic Cemetery we visited recently, after an internment. That is a rarity. Usually, the dead are long forgotten.
Perhaps having a Signature Program as a writer, podcaster and speaker helps build a legacy for the work we do in the world. And people may be more prone to remember us after we die.
This is the article I originally wrote about my own signature program. For me, a signature program is a right brain experience. Enjoy the article!
- About the Author: Writing The Prayer Prescription Series, Bringing Death and Ageism out of the closet requires Optimal Health, a youthful spirit, and an undying desire to serve the world. Le-Vel’s Thrive helps me to focus on all of my projects. It helps me sleep. It brings me Peace Of Mind, the greatest health of all. Contact me for Free Samples and a FREE health consultation, 717-299-9887
- Latest Posts
- Announcement: Teaching the Method - November 9, 2011
- Announcement: Kate Loving and the Collective Wisdom Radio Show - November 8, 2011
- Mid-Summer Glory- Podcast 223 - July 31, 2015
- Market Analysis For Prayer Prescriptions: 14 Spiritual Remedies For Long Lasting Health - July 30, 2015
- The Reality of Canine Ageism - July 14, 2015
- Loosen Your Hold On Life - July 7, 2015
- Ulysses, Zen Master Part 2 - July 4, 2015
- Ulysses, Zen Master - July 3, 2015
- Outgrowing What Was Never Yours - June 21, 2015
- How Are We “Doing” with Death? - May 22, 2015