Yesterday I wrote about Gandalf, prayer readings, and prayer karaoke. Today, Gandalf has made a comeback and it’s the first day of spring. Pearlie is pictured here on this glorious day, as well. We are indeed blessed as we somehow made it through a winter fraught with obstacles. The big ice storm was especially hard on our property. Big trees are down everywhere and now that the ice has finally melted, we will be cleaning up the branches, while Pearlie resumes her favorite activity: eating grass and small bugs. That is how she survived as a wild dog in Tennessee before the ASPCA got a hold of her. Thankfully, she no longer runs away like she used to when we first got her and for a full year and a half after she came to live with us, too.
Feral dogs are interesting. Pearlie, because she was wild, is one of the most interesting dogs I’ve ever known. I think she may have PTSD because of her long days of wondering and surviving. She still runs away with her tail between her legs when a person with a cane or hat walks by, or tries to pet her.
Yet these incidences are spacing out as she tames into a beautiful, soulful, loving dog. She has begun to snuggle and lie on my lap within the last month or so.
Dancing has a strange way of connecting me to spirit. Back in the day, I danced at every available opportunity. Not only does dancing connect me to the spirit world, it also connects me to the self that loved to dance years and years ago.
My dog Pearlie finds my dancing to be curious. Suddenly she’ll take off and run circles around my feet and pant with laughing eyes.
When she does that, we take the dancing out to the beauty of the outdoors. Last night she and I danced under the Big Dipper and threw all barriers to the stars above and to the earth under paws and feet!
Dogs, my obsession and my passion. I will have one until I die.
Kate says: “I love having meaningful conversations with people about their love of life and what it means in relation to prayer and eradicating the fear of death. It makes me crazy how American society sweeps death away and no one speaks about it. This is why I’ve created the “Uprooting Our Fear Of Death: Bringing IT Out Of The Closet” webinar series, as well as “The Prayer Prescription Series,” and will be doing Teleseminars on these subjects in 2014.” Kate Loving Shenk, RN BSN Join my community to learn what is next, created just for you!
Sign Up HERE! and receive three audio interviews I did with death, dying and after death experts!
- About the Author: Writing The Prayer Prescription Series, Bringing Death and Ageism out of the closet requires Optimal Health, a youthful spirit, and an undying desire to serve the world. Le-Vel’s Thrive helps me to focus on all of my projects. It helps me sleep. It brings me Peace Of Mind, the greatest health of all. Contact me for Free Samples and a FREE health consultation, 717-299-9887
- Latest Posts
- Announcement: Teaching the Method - November 9, 2011
- Announcement: Kate Loving and the Collective Wisdom Radio Show - November 8, 2011
- Write Your Spiritual Autobiography-Podcast 100 - March 3, 2015
- Embracing A Spiritual Life-Podcast 99 - March 2, 2015
- When I’m 64-Podcast 98 - March 1, 2015
- I Can See Clearly Now-Podcast 97 - February 28, 2015
- Nursing Career Transformation Roundtable-Podcast 96 - February 27, 2015
- Boldly Bald Women-Podcast 95 - February 26, 2015
- You Are Without Doing-Podcast 94 - February 25, 2015
- Religion and Spirituality are One-Podcast 93 - February 24, 2015