Apr 12 2013
We took Pearlie to the vet this week, and the vet said that Pearlie has to lose at least 10 pounds because she is overweight.
He told us this the last time we visited with him, and I ‘ve been taking Pearlie for a brisk daily walk for 60 minutes ever since for a total of 6 weeks.
I lost 10 pounds but she hasn’t lost an ounce. In fact, she seems to have had a growth spurt.
In addition to walking Pearlie every day, I have been eating organically grown GMO free foods. I feel 100% better, which leads me to the conclusion that Pearl could lose weight, too, if she ate organic and GMO free dog food.
GMO is Genetically Modified Organisms, spearheaded by the Monsanto Corporation. Monsanto is poisoning our food supply with seeds that are laced with Agent Orange, and then lying about it. This has created a public health crisis. Would people be more outraged if Monsanto injected depleted Uranium into seeds, the waste from Nuclear Power fuel?
When Corporations were designated personhood by the Supreme Court, also known as Citizen’s United, Monsanto had the right to remain silent about which foods are contaminated with genetic modification.
It turns out, at least 75% of our food supply is tainted by Monsanto and their ilk.
Yesterday morning, I noticed a gift given by a Pharmaceutical Company to our staff where I work. It was a huge sweet roll laced with jelly and sugar and processed flour–and GMO.
The temptation to eat food laden with GMO is everywhere we go, everywhere we look. Dr Mercola did an interview with an expert in GMO contamination. Here is the link to that article.
Getting back to Pearlie’s weight: There are dog foods that are Organic and GMO free:
Organix – Castor and Pollux’s line of dog and cat foods contains free range chicken and organic rice, peas and flax seed. They are soy, wheat and corn free.
Karma – This dog food is certified to be 95% organic. The other 5% is vitamins and minerals that cannot be certified. The bulk of the food is made up of organic free range chicken, brown rice and oats.
Newman’s Own – This company makes 95% organic canned foods for both dogs and cats in chicken, turkey, beef and liver flavors. It also makes dry foods and a variety of organic treats. (The whole article can be found HERE.)
If I am losing weight by eating GMO free Organic foods, then Pearlie, along with long daily walks, will also benefit. Her longevity may also be guaranteed, but as we all know, there are no guarantees.
I want to give you a free book on Self-Healing. Go to the box on the top right of the page, and go through the steps!
Kate’s third Prayer Prescription book will be published Spring, 2013. It is called: Prayer Prescriptions: Spiritual Remedies For Long Lasting Health. (The Prayer Prescription Series)