Dec 23 2011
Dear Goddess, It’s time to put my things away in preparation for the holiday weekend. Not only that, but I also have to work. Noel babies will be received into the lap of Goddess this weekend, some early, some late. This will be their weekend to grace the world with their gifts we hope for many years to come.
The miracle of birth is just as powerful as the miracle of death. If we are honest with ourselves, one has the same feel as the other: The birthing bed and the deathbed are remarkably similar in vibration.
Recovery principles help to prepare for the death of our loved ones with one simple practice: Surrender. As we learn to let go of simple everyday moments that come and go, such as letting go of our possessions, letting go of the need to say words that have no relevance to anyone, we are practicing and preparing for the inevitable moment when our loved ones pass on. When we practice surrender, we are also preparing for our own inevitable passing.
Here are 12 ways we can practice the Art of Surrender:
1) letting go of the need to be right
2) letting go of speaking words that did not add to the betterment of the moment at hand
3) letting go of disappointment
4) learning to embrace reality in whatever form it appears to you now
5) learning to let go of resistance to “what is”
6) learning to turn trauma into great creative expression
7) letting go of judgment or criticism
learning to open your compassionate heart to the suffering of people everywhere
9) learning to walk a mile in your sister’s moccasins
10) learning to calm the process of thinking and reasoning
11) letting go of the need to receive material gifts
12) learning to give gifts of the Spirit to everyone you meet
How can you add to this list?
Om Peace Amen